Escapee Captured...Thanks to Observant Newberry Store Clerk
He didn't pass go and he didn't get $200 dollars. The Gilchrist County inmate who escaped from jail yesterday is back in jail tonight.
His capture is thanks to the watchful eyes of a resident of Newberry.
George Housekeeper was interviewed by Alachua County Sheriff's deputies and booked at the Alachua County Jail and will be extradited back to Gilchrist County.
He was originally arrested for burglary.
- UPDATE: Inmate Captured....Deputies Search for Jail Escapee
- Lake City Store Clerk Killed
- Store Clerk Survives Armed Robbery
- UF Students Find Escapee
- Sheriff's Office Clerks Plead No Contest
- Fugitive From Alachua County Captured in Wyoming
- 13-foot, 6-inch Alligator Captured in N. Fla.
- "Shooting For Home" Captures Story of Kevin Bradshaw
- Marion County Murder Suspect Captured
- Two Felons Arrested Thanks to Facebook Picture