Forest High School Employee Arrested for Molesting a Child
Through an interview with a young girl, police know that 30 year old Terry Wagner inappropriately touched her. The girl is not a student at Forest High School in Ocala, where Wagner works. And the Marion County Sheriff's Office report reveals several complaints to the principal about Wagner, as well. But as for the official record, there's nothing. Marion County Public Schools spokesman Kevin Christian says "there's nothing in his file that indicates any kind of complaint. There are a couple letters of reprimand for doing procedures improperly on the job, dealing with chemicals in the wrong way, that kind of thing, but nothing to indicate any problem with a coworker."
At the school, Christian says Wagner wouldn't normally encounter students. In fact, he worked as a custodian in the cafeteria. So, his jobs were normally putting food and other material away before kids even got to the lunchroom.
As for Wagner's future at Forest High, Christian says it would be difficult to dismiss him during an investigation because "it takes a lot. First of all it would depend on what happens within the legal system, and that process takes time. But it'll also depend on what we find in our own investigation. In many cases, when complaints are lodged against any employee, sometimes those charges are later dropped."
Investigators say they were told by Forest High Principal Chester Gregory that a few female employees had complained that Wagner accidentally touched them inappropriately...but there was no official complaint filed against him. Wagner is currently on paid administrative leave.
- Marion County School Employee Accused Of Molesting Girl
- Forest High School
- Neighbor Speaks Out about Accused Child Molester
- Accused Child Molester Attacked by Victim's Family
- Child Molester calls himself a "Monster"
- Archer Man Accused of Molesting Child
- Gainesville Man Arrested For Molesting Teenage Girl on Black Friday
- Juvenile Correctional Facility Employee Accused of Child Abuse
- Arrest Made in Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- Operation Blue Forest Arrest