Gainesville Holds Biomass Q & A at RUC Meeting
For those worried about the ultimate cost of the biomass power plant...GRU managers say they have a backup plan. At a meeting tonight opponents challenged GRU's cost projections.
But GRU leaders say they could offset any overruns by scaling back the solar program and reduce their annual contribution to the city budget.
The meeting did little to close the divide between supporters and opponents. About 25 people came forward and asked questions, which GRU leaders tried to answer at the end.
GRU officials say the biomass plant will generate about 18 percent of its power capacity by 2015.
- City Commission Votes to Approve Biomass Settlement, Will Hold Public Meeting in January
- Gainesville P.D. Holds Meeting
- AARP Holds Town Forum Meeting in Gainesville
- Biomass Plant Final Air Permit Concerns Voiced at Meeting
- Local "Action Network" Holds A Meeting For Change
- Alachua County Schools Hold Annual Meet and Greet for Parents and Students
- CHOICES Advisory Board Holds Special Meeting
- Alachua County Informal Meetings Change & Manager's Salary Confirmation
- Biomass Concerns Dominate Candidate Forum for Gainesville City Commission
- Gainesville Leaders Wait to Make Offer on Biomass Plant