Gainesville Holds Biomass Q & A at RUC Meeting
For those worried about the ultimate cost of the biomass power plant...GRU managers say they have a backup plan. At a meeting tonight opponents challenged GRU's cost projections.
But GRU leaders say they could offset any overruns by scaling back the solar program and reduce their annual contribution to the city budget.
The meeting did little to close the divide between supporters and opponents. About 25 people came forward and asked questions, which GRU leaders tried to answer at the end.
GRU officials say the biomass plant will generate about 18 percent of its power capacity by 2015.
- City Commission Votes to Approve Biomass Settlement, Will Hold Public Meeting in January
- AARP Holds Town Forum Meeting in Gainesville
- Gainesville P.D. Holds Meeting
- Local "Action Network" Holds A Meeting For Change
- CHOICES Advisory Board Holds Special Meeting
- Alachua County Schools Hold Annual Meet and Greet for Parents and Students
- Alachua County Informal Meetings Change & Manager's Salary Confirmation
- Gainesville City Leaders Discuss Ownership of Possible Bio-Mass Power Plant
- Gainesville Mayoral Candidates Debate DUIs, Biomass at 4A Forum
- Gainesville City Commission Goes Off the Agenda to Debate Biomass