Gilchrist County Inmate Escape
38 year old George Housekeeper escaped from the Gilchrist County jail Tuesday afternoon at 3:20 by forcing his body through a locked gate according to a statement by the Gilchrist County Sheriff's office.
Search teams have been combing the woods west of County Road 337 since the escape.
Officials say Housekeeper does not have a violent criminal history. He was in the county jail awaiting trial for burglary, the escape is under investigation.
Housekeeper was last seen in his jail issued clothing.
- Inmate Escapes From Alachua County Work Release Center
- Gilchrist County Jail Inmate Dies Two Days After Fight with Cellmate
- Two Escaped Inmates Caught
- Escaped Inmate Nabbed
- Putnam Inmate Shot During Escape Attempt
- Lake City Inmate Attempts to Escape from Work Camp
- Fla. Inmate Tries To Escape By Putting Dummy In Bed
- Escaped Inmate Found
- Meet the Field to Become the Next Gilchrist County Sheriff
- Gilchrist County Man Found Dead