Inmate Visitations now On-line
There is a new way for friends and family to check in with inmates at the jail in Marion County- and they don't even have to leave their homes.
The county has new technology which will connect inmates and their loved ones through the internet. Since Sunday, the Marion County Jail has offered this service.
The charge is $6.95 for a 15 minute session. All that is needed is a computer with a webcam, an email address and internet hookup.
The conversations can be recorded and are monitored just like regular inmate visits. There are 10 jails in the U.S. that currently use this system, but Marion County is the largest serving 1,600 inmates daily.
- Women Warriors, Now In The Front Lines
- New Sign-Up System for Visiting Inmates, Less Arguments
- State Insurance Fund Stronger Now for Storm Season
- Elderly Inmate Accused of Trying to Kill Prosecutor
- Claiming Property Now Easier With New Law
- Sexual Abuse Survivor, Visits Center for Sex Offenders
- President to Visit Boston on Thursday
- Two Escaped Inmates Caught
- INMATES TAKING CLASSES
- Marion County Inmates Get Improved Health Care