Lake City Company Offers 250 Jobs...With Only 165 Applicants
The Lake City customer service company Sitel has big news- they're hiring! And they're offering more than 200 jobs. In this economy, you'd think applicants would be clamoring at the doors...but that's not the case. So far, only 165 have applied for the 250 open positions.
The lack of response to Sitel's call for applications is something not heard of very often in an economy that can make finding a job a tough task in and of itself. Jerry Cushon has been looking for a job for three years, and he says the process is tedious as you "get tired of sitting on the computer all the time looking, and you run into another place where you have to fill out a paper application..."
Jerry's background is not in sales, but he's worked all kinds of jobs from lawn care to health care.
The positions offered are seasonal and temporary ones, with pay starting at 8 dollars an hour. But Sitel says they're still planning on accepting applications online in the hopes of filling those 250 positions. Another "hiring ramp-up" is also scheduled for November 7 through the middle or end of April.
- 250 Engineering Jobs to Come to Gainesville
- Man Robs Store While Filling Out Job Application
- Commercial Construction Jobs on the Rise? Only slightly.
- College Student Turns Part-Time Job Into Her Own Company.
- Mobile App Companies Creating Jobs
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Lake City Police Chief and City Manager Aren't Going Anywhere
- RTS Contract Negotiations Head to Arbitration as Union Rejects City's Latest Offer
- City Offers St. Francis House Location for Thanksgiving Meals
- President Obama Announces $250 Million Education Initiative