Local Couple's Trip to Ohio Interrupted by Multi-Car Collision
A North Florida couple said they're still shaking after a family trip to Ohio ended in a near fatal multi-car collision.
The accident happened around 10 a.m. on Northwest Waldo Road.
James Altomare said he and his wife were driving in the far left lane, north on Waldo Road when he saw a flashing light.
He said he didn't have time to react.
Within that second, his red Camry was slammed from behind by another vehicle, forcing him into the medium.
The other vehicle then skidded off the right side of the road and crashed into a tree.
Neither Altomare or his wife were injured.
Meanwhile, 22-year-old Toni Kirby was extracted from her car and taken to Shands.
Police say alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
GPD found an open bottle of vodka in the passenger seat.
Officials say criminal charges against Kirby are pending.
- Motorcyclist Killed After Collision with Car
- Multi-million dollar renovation project underway for Ocala Breeders' Sales Complex
- Dad of Ohio Cancer Patient, 4, Denies Disney Trip
- Bronson Church Service Interrupted
- Run, Hide, Fight- Ohio State University's eerie warning message
- Dan's Day Trips Part Two
- Dan's Day Trips Returns
- Dan's Day Trip Special
- A Romantic Dan's Day Trip
- Dan's Day Trips Part One