Massive Money Laundering Scheme Uncovered
They say it's just the tip of the iceberg. A traffic stop in Waldo last night uncovered what could be a massive money laundering and identity theft scheme.
It's not the first with ties to North Central Florida.
Tens of thousands of dollars in Walmart credit/debit and gift cards were found in the car that 28 year old Michael Turner was driving last night, along with about 10 thousand dollars in cash.
Alachua County Sheriff's deputies were called in and Turner along with the passenger, 20 year old Jasmine Shipman, were arrested for felony money laundering.
This case may end up being handled by the Secret Service.
- Physician Indicted on 210 Counts of Healthcare Fraud and Money Laundering
- Dig Uncovers Spanish Settlement
- A Scheme to Score Prescription Drugs Lands a Couple in Jail
- A "Cruella De Vil" Scheme Thwarted in Gainesville
- Plea Hearing for Mortgage Fraud Scheme
- Four Men Arrested for Scheming to Defraud
- Woman Arrested in Walmart Fraud Scheme
- Check Fraud Scheme Broken Up in Putnam County
- Robert Gallman Arrested For Stealing Millions Of Dollars In A Ponzi Scheme
- How To Protect Yourself From A Ponzi Scheme