Mental Health Fair: Stomp Out Stigma
They want to "stomp out the stigma" related to mental illness. An awareness initiative kicked off today at the University of Florida with a mental health fair.
The VA and UF hosted the event along with community organizations like Meridian and the Gainesville Opportunity Center.
The North Florida Consortium for Mental Health hopes to reach the whole community with the message of recovery and acceptance.
There are other events being held in Gainesville for the rest of the week, to gear up for the National Alliance on Mental Illness walk on October 22nd.
- Obama Calls for End to Mental Illness Stigma
- Mental illness may be on the rise, group aims to break down stigma
- D.C. Science Fair, "Out of this World"
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Children's Mental Health Awareness Week
- Hispanic Health & Nutrition Fair 2014
- Stomp the Swamp for Autism
- Stomp The Swamp, Raises Autism Awareness
- Chihuahua Stomped To Death
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen