More Options to House Homeless Veterans in Alachua County
The last plan didn't go over very well...but now there are new options to house homeless veterans in Alachua County. The fallout from the original idea may have contributed to a possible solution.
Since the failed plan to purchase the Gainesville Hotel and Conference Center on Newberry Road first gained public attention, new ideas have come to Alachua County Housing Director Gail Monahan.
And some of them seem to be much more ideal in the eyes of both Monahan and her critic.
Some potential properties Monahan is considering are The Bambi Motel in Gainesville, raw land on West Archer Road and raw land along 39th Avenue.
- $5.5 Million Towards Housing Homeless Veterans
- More Opposition to Hotel for Homeless Veterans
- Plan to House Homeless Veterans in Hotel Brings Oppostition
- Gainesville Area Receives Funding, Housing Vouchers to Help Homeless Veterans
- VA Pulls Funding for Homeless Veteran Facility, Cites "Minimal Progress"
- Veterans Fair hopes to bring support to homeless vets
- Alachua County Commissioners Discuss Pole Barn Replacement Options
- Alachua County Presents Options for New Fairgrounds to Residents
- Alachua County Homeless Veteran Stand Down
- Alachua County Sees Increase in Homeless Population