Pediatric Patients at Shands get a Taste of Magic
Some pediatric patients at Shands in Gainesville got a sneak peak at some magic. The kids were treated to a magic performance by illusionist and mentalist Simon Winthrop, as he brought his Las Vegas show to Gainesville.
Winthrop performed as part of a pre-show for the Ferrero family's Noche de Gala event tomorrow night. The kids interacted with Winthrop as he integrated comedy and magic with card tricks and other illusions. Faces lit up as each got a turn to participate.
Winthrop says "performing for me was so special because the kids were so in touch with the magic and with the comedy and with the fun and the love in the room. There was really a complete group of strangers who joined together and had laughter."
Winthrop will be performing tomorrow night at the Ferrero Foundation's Noche de Gala.
- Shands Patients Information Compromised
- Your Health: Ballerinas visit UF Health Shands pediatric patients
- 2nd Annual Festival of Trees raises money for UF Health Pediatric Hospital
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- Parkinson's Patients Art Exhibit
- Pickin' For Kaedyn, Helping 3-Year-Old Leukemia Patient
- Shands Support Group Throws Prom for Heart Transplant Patient
- New emergency room to benefit patients and rescue workers
- Hospital program uses the arts to help patients
- UF Health Shands nurse sexually assaults patient