Possible Post Office Closure Upsets Residents in Small Community
It's more than just a place to buy stamps.
That's what some residents in one North Central Florida community say about their post office -- which is facing possible closure.
At least 200 residents are expected to attend a meeting held tonight by the Graham Post Office to discuss its future.
The Graham Post Office is one of 34 in Florida -- and five in North Central Florida -- facing closure.
The office is on the list because of a decline in revenue and work load.
But residents say much is at stake if it closes.
Many who use the PO Boxes will lose their Graham address and zip code.
But they say the real damage will be to their small farming community.
Residents are expected to present a petition with nearly 200 signatures supporting the post office in addition to support from the Bradford County Commission and Senator Bill Nelson.
- Post Office Closures?
- Post Office Celebrates Anniversary, Tries to Avoid Closure
- Possible Closure For The Aguilar Family
- Residents Upset About Excessive Dust
- Possible Road Closure in Levy County
- Post Office Offering Reward
- Busiest Day for Post Offices
- Marion County Post Office Shuts Its Doors
- Post Office Closing
- Alachua County Commissioners Support Evinston Historic Post Office