Shooting at Forest Grove Baptist Church in Alachua County
A community is reeling after a seemingly random shooting that nearly turned deadly last night West of Alachua. Bullets started flying around 6:30 at the Forest Grove Baptist Church, from a gunman living across the street.
When the shooting started about 100 people were at the Forest Grove Baptist Church, which is in unincorporated Alachua County almost precisely in the center of High Springs, Alachua and Newberry.
More than 50 school kids were there, and church members enjoying a men's skeet shooting activity outside.
36 year old Robert Matthew Judah was shot in the stomach, when investigators say 71 year old Patrick Allan McCall sprayed the church and neighboring field with bullets. The reason for the attack is still unclear, although McCall has complained about kids playing in the past.
There is a prayer vigil planned tonight at the church for the man who was shot Matt Judah, as well as the alleged shooter Patrick McCall, who is in jail, charged with attempted murder.
- Made In America: Island Grove Wine Company
- Florida Baptist Children's Homes opens new facility
- Church Volunteer Accused of Molesting Toddler
- Rumored school shooting leaves parents concerned in Marion County
- 'Dads Take Your Kids to School Day' is a huge success at a local school
- 21 Injured In Church Car Crash
- Law enforcement tactics after California shooting
- Hopkins Prairie Fire
- Third victim dies in Chardon High School Shooting
- Levy County Cutting Back Wildfire Risks