Shooting at Forest Grove Baptist Church in Alachua County
A community is reeling after a seemingly random shooting that nearly turned deadly last night West of Alachua. Bullets started flying around 6:30 at the Forest Grove Baptist Church, from a gunman living across the street.
When the shooting started about 100 people were at the Forest Grove Baptist Church, which is in unincorporated Alachua County almost precisely in the center of High Springs, Alachua and Newberry.
More than 50 school kids were there, and church members enjoying a men's skeet shooting activity outside.
36 year old Robert Matthew Judah was shot in the stomach, when investigators say 71 year old Patrick Allan McCall sprayed the church and neighboring field with bullets. The reason for the attack is still unclear, although McCall has complained about kids playing in the past.
There is a prayer vigil planned tonight at the church for the man who was shot Matt Judah, as well as the alleged shooter Patrick McCall, who is in jail, charged with attempted murder.
- Westboro Church Radicals' Protests Spark Outrage In Alachua County
- Alachua County Students Safe Despite Shooting in D.C.
- Alachua County Man Arrested for Allegedly Shooting Neighbor to Death
- Church Shooting Vigil
- Made In America: Island Grove Wine Company
- Island Grove Fire Claims Two Veterans
- Churches Across Five Counties Hit By Over Two Dozen Burglaries
- Church Burned In Levy County
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Alachua Deputy Shoots, Kills Man After Fight