UPDATE: Inmate Captured....Deputies Search for Jail Escapee
UPDATE: George Houskeeper was taken into custody this morning by Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies in Newberry.
An inmate escaped from the Gilchrist County Jail this afternoon and at last word remains on the loose.
Despite hours of searching on the ground and in the air... George Housekeeper is still missing.
The 38 year old inmate escaped at 3:20 this afternoon from the recreation yard, by forcing his body through a locked gate according to Gilchrist County officials.
Search teams have been combing the woods west of County Road 337 since the escape.
A helicopter helped in the search.
Officials say Housekeeper does not have a violent criminal history.
He was in the Gilchrist County jail awaiting trial for burglary.
- Escapee Captured...Thanks to Observant Newberry Store Clerk
- NY prison escapee David Sweat captured
- Jessamen Dunker Update: Gators OL Released From Jail
- Amber alert update: Four-year-old girl found in Tennessee
- UPDATE: Debris Fire Continues to Burn, Smoke on 441
- Update: Wildfire Near Orange Springs Under Control
- Update: County knew about fire station closure ahead of time
- UPDATE: Both Officers Tried to Get out of Columbia County House Fire
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- UPDATE: Haven Acres Cat Sanctuary Investigation