Alachua County "C.O.P.s Unit" Gives Away Thanksgiving Meals
These deputies suited up for a different type of patrol Tuesday....the Alachua County Sheriff's Office "Community Oriented Policing" Unit is giving away Thanksgiving meals to families along with the Southwest Advocacy Group or SWAG.
Over 2,500 pounds of food was loaded into the Shands Mobile Outreach Clinic and will be handed out to people who live in the so called "Mike Zone" in Southwest Alachua County.
The Veterans Advisory Board, Partnership for Strong Families and Tower Hill Insurance all helped the Sheriff's Office and SWAG buy 180 turkeys and all the fixings for this event.
- "Meals On Wheels" Alachua County
- Alachua County Gives Away Free Paint
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- City Offers St. Francis House Location for Thanksgiving Meals
- St. Francis House Ready For Thanksgiving Meal Thanks to Community
- Former Alachua County Sheriff Joe Crevasse Passes Away at Age 96
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home
- Alachua County Giving Out Free Flu Shots
- Homeless "Meal Limit" Changed to "Time Limit"
- Home Away From Home; Thanksgiving at the Ronald McDonald House