Alachua County "C.O.P.s Unit" Gives Away Thanksgiving Meals
These deputies suited up for a different type of patrol Tuesday....the Alachua County Sheriff's Office "Community Oriented Policing" Unit is giving away Thanksgiving meals to families along with the Southwest Advocacy Group or SWAG.
Over 2,500 pounds of food was loaded into the Shands Mobile Outreach Clinic and will be handed out to people who live in the so called "Mike Zone" in Southwest Alachua County.
The Veterans Advisory Board, Partnership for Strong Families and Tower Hill Insurance all helped the Sheriff's Office and SWAG buy 180 turkeys and all the fixings for this event.
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- Kids Enjoy Free Meals
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- United Way teams up for children
- St. Francis House Ready For Thanksgiving Meal Thanks to Community
- City Offers St. Francis House Location for Thanksgiving Meals
- School Board Considers Longer Thanksgiving Holiday
- Family Gives Everything To Retired Horses
- Home Away From Home; Thanksgiving at the Ronald McDonald House