Annual BBQ Chicken Fundraiser Brings In the Dough
Eat more chicken...help more children.
The 18th annual Girls Place Foundation Barbeque Fundraiser took place Friday.
50 volunteers worked through the morning to pack some 800 chicken lunches at the M&S Bank Warehouse in northwest Gainesville.
The lunches were paid for and picked up by residents.
Organizers say they haven't figured out how much they have raised yet, but feel this year's fundraiser was a success.
The people who run Girls Place -- which serves more than 500 children -- say the funds will go towards scholarships for at-risk children.
- Gov. Rick Scott Makes Appearance at Annual GOP Fundraiser
- 24th Annual Fantasy Fundraising Event: Festival Brazil
- Two Area Restaurants Engaged in Legal Battle Over BBQ
- BBQ Turned Deadly Shooting in Suwannee County
- Ann Romney visits David's BBQ in Gainesville
- Newberry's Backyard BBQ Does Dessert
- City Ends Program Allowing Backyard Chickens
- More Chickens in Gainesville?
- Gainesville Residents Want More Chickens