A "Cruella De Vil" Scheme Thwarted in Gainesville
Police say a Gainesville duo schemed like Cruella De Vil to steal puppies, but now they're in jail.
20 year old Haile Smith lured a friend away from their apartment on Friday night, so that 22 year old Cameron Russell could break in. Witnesses saw Russell and another man break into the apartment, where they stole a red nosed pit bull and 10 week old puppies.
A police officer made a traffic stop around 11:30 and saw one of those puppies in the car with Smith. They connected the dots... arresting Smith and Cameron and recovering the pit bull, who is a service dog, and 9 of the 10 puppies.
Police are still looking for the other burglar and puppy.
- Attack on police thwarted, military style ammo found
- Deputies: Resident Thwarts Would-Be Car Thief With Keyless Device
- Rough Seas Thwart Cleanup of Oil Catastrophe
- Check Fraud Scheme Broken Up in Putnam County
- Woman Arrested in Walmart Fraud Scheme
- Four Men Arrested for Scheming to Defraud
- Plea Hearing for Mortgage Fraud Scheme
- Massive Money Laundering Scheme Uncovered
- A Scheme to Score Prescription Drugs Lands a Couple in Jail
- FDLE arrests former Hampton city clerk for organized scheme to defraud