Increased Need, Fewer Supplies
As temperatures dip, low income families who are already struggling to put food on the table tend to have a tougher time.
Bread of the Mighty in Gainesville is having a difficult time of their own satisfying the increased demand.
The food bank estimates there is double the need this year because in addition to the homeless and the chronically poor, there are several families dealing with lay offs or low paying jobs that are experiencing hunger for the first time in one of the hardest times of the year to spare expense.
Bread of the Mighty serves as a warehouse of sorts for several other food banks throughout North Central Florida.
For more information on how you can help visit Bread Of The Mighty.
- Fewer Strokes Mean Fewer Dollars For Area Golf Courses
- Fewer Buses May Cause More Problems
- Local Korean War vet one of fewer than 80 living Medal of Honor recipients
- Fewer Mills = More Money?
- One Fewer Fast Food Joint- 400 Jobs Lost
- Fewer Kids enrolled in EDEP Summer Program
- U.S. Military Prepares To Send More Personnel, Supplies To Haiti
- Gainesville Church Ships Supplies To Haiti
- Digging Deep for City's Fresh Water Supply
- School Supplies Giveaway