A New Internet Cafe in NW Gainesville
They are sometimes controversial and when a new internet sweepstakes cafe attempts to open in some places, it generates some opposition. But one new cafe has quietly opened for business in Northwest Gainesville, becoming part of a growing trend.
There are more than a thousand operating in the state. The opening of the latest in North Central Florida is getting mixed reviews.
Internet cafes in Gainesville do not have to get special permits if they're in commercial zones. In Alachua County, special permitting is required. Two recent proposals have been dropped because of public opposition.
- Florida Could Soon Ban Internet Cafes in Wake of Scandal
- Attorney Found Guilty For Illegal Internet Cafes
- Another Internet Cafe Going Online
- Ocala Discusses Internet Cafe's
- Internet Cafe In Jeopardy
- Internet Cafes are Now Illegal in Florida
- Internet Cafe Bust
- Internet Cafes Still Allowed
- Gainesville to Google: Pick Us For High Speed Internet Test!
- Sidewalk Cafe Owners Along State Roads to Pay More or Lose Outdoor Seating