Solar Company Sues Gainesville Over FIT Program
Gainesville's Solar Feed-in Tariff program is generating more controversy... A resident named Annie Orlando, under the name Khepera Solar, LLC filed suit Tuesday against Gainesville in Eighth Judicial Court.
Several Solar FIT applicants complained after the original allocation announcement back in February. Khepera applied to receive a piece of the solar pie in two rounds of bidding but received nothing. Orlando wanted to attach a solar array to her "Atlas Screen Printing" business in Southeast Gainesville.
The lawsuit asks for a court to order Gainesville Regional Utilities to allocate 100 kilowatts of the solar program to Orlando's company.
The City of Gainesville has defended it's Solar Feed In Tariff program in the past, refusing to call the process unfair. Although after an audit over the summer, an additional megawatt of solar power was made available for a new lottery. And they agreed to change the allocation process in the future.
- Cliff Stearns Visits Ocala Solar Company
- Solar Company Reacts to Subsidized Projects Being Put On Hold
- Solar Program Helping Local Economies
- Florida Counties to Sue Over New State Medicaid Law
- "Sue Bear"- Missing Dog in Gainesville
- Solar Energy in Gainesville
- Gainesville Tree Service Company Fined $153,000
- States Sue Government Over Birth Control
- Tampa Woman Sues Employer Over Gun Rules
- 10/15/12 Fitzness Minute: Get into the CrossFit Craze