155 Bradford County Kids "Shop with a Cop"
It's possibly the biggest shopping spree in North Central Florida. Hundreds of law enforcement officers from around Bradford County took 155 needy children shopping today at Walmart in Starke.
They spent over $18 thousand dollars on Christmas gifts picked out by the kids. The children were chosen from the public elementary schools in Bradford county for need and good behavior.
This is the seventh year the event has been held. Donations from the community make it possible.
- Zimmerman Trial Day 8: State Tries to Prove Zimmerman was a "Wanna-be Cop"
- "Basketball Cop" unveils new court
- Man initiates "Hug A Cop" day for unity
- Shop With A Cop: 17 Kids Taken On Shopping Spree
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Arrests 10 In "Operation Spring Cleaning"
- One of Bradford County's "Most Wanted" Arrested in Puerto Rico
- Questions unanswered; mining application "in limbo"
- 'Shop With A Cop' Helps Families in High Springs
- 4th Annual GPD Shop with a Cop event
- 2nd annual 'Shop With A Cop' at Walmart in Lake City