9 year Gainesville Boy Prepares for College Class at UF
He's gearing up for college in January, as most other kids his age are gearing up for the second half of fourth grade. Cooper Collier could write his name by 2 years old and could read a Doctor Seuss book by himself before age 4. Now he's preparing for a college biology class at the University of Florida at the tender age of 9.
But for this young man it's about much more than academic achievement.
Right now Cooper will just enroll as a non degree seeking student at UF. The focus is on proving he's ready for college by actually taking a course.
To help Cooper raise money for the Ife Mission in Africa visit Your text to link... He says even a simply message of "Happy New Year" will spread hope to those at the mission.
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- Gainesville Police Prepare for End of School Year
- Rape Aggression Defense Classes at Santa Fe College Teach Important Lesson
- Levy County Schools Already Preparing for New School Year
- Cross Guards Prepare for School Year
- Amber Alert Issued For A Four-Year-Old Marion County Boy
- A Special Wish Granted To 15-year-old Boy Brings Him To Disadvantaged Primates
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- 6 Year Old Boy Almost Drowned at City Pool
- 3-Year-Old Boy Almost Kidnapped By Sex Offender