After Months of Collecting, Toys for Tots can Deliver
Toys for Tots has been collecting presents for the needy for the past three months, but they delivered the Christmas surprises on Saturday. The Marine Corps and volunteers from several Gainesville organizations bagged the packages, including at least one toy with several stocking stuffers. Then volunteers drove out to the family's home to deliver the toys personally.
Katie Fields works with one of the organizations involved, the Southwest Advocacy Group, or SWAG.
She says, "just seeing the light in their eyes when they get it and knowing that and knowing that they don't have to worry about that on top of paying their rent, paying their utility bill, making sure their kids have clothes to go to school, just one less thing for them to worry about."
This is the tenth year the Marine Corps has been delivering Christmas surprises to needy families in Gainesville.
- Toys for Tots struggling with toy donations
- Toys for Tots Receives Much Needed Help
- Toys For Tots Still Accepting Donations
- Tots Get Toys in Dixie County
- Tots Without Toys This Christmas
- Toys for Tots Motorcycle Ride
- Toys For Tots
- Fraternity Helps Toys for Tots
- Bikers Roll Through The Streets Of Ocala To Deliver Toys For Children
- Community re-donates toys after charity burglarized