After Months of Collecting, Toys for Tots can Deliver
Toys for Tots has been collecting presents for the needy for the past three months, but they delivered the Christmas surprises on Saturday. The Marine Corps and volunteers from several Gainesville organizations bagged the packages, including at least one toy with several stocking stuffers. Then volunteers drove out to the family's home to deliver the toys personally.
Katie Fields works with one of the organizations involved, the Southwest Advocacy Group, or SWAG.
She says, "just seeing the light in their eyes when they get it and knowing that and knowing that they don't have to worry about that on top of paying their rent, paying their utility bill, making sure their kids have clothes to go to school, just one less thing for them to worry about."
This is the tenth year the Marine Corps has been delivering Christmas surprises to needy families in Gainesville.
- Fraternity Helps Toys for Tots
- Toys for Tots Motorcycle Ride
- Tots Without Toys This Christmas
- Toys For Tots Still Accepting Donations
- Tots Get Toys in Dixie County
- UF Gives Raises Less Than A Month After Layoffs
- Month After Roof Collapse, Queen of Peace Students Celebrate First Day of School
- Family Reunited with Run-away Dog After 6 Months
- Residential Fee Collection
- Trash Piling Up As Collection Stops