Alachua County Interim Manager Chosen
Alachua County officially has a new administrator... at least until next November's elections.
Assistant County Manager Rick Drummond was confirmed 4 to 1 today, with Commissioner Rodney Long in dissent.
Drummond will act as county manager when Randall Reid moves on to another job in January. The final decision was between Drummond and Assistant Manager Betty Baker, with the agreement that the person chosen will not apply for the permanent position.
Local NAACP President Evelyn Foxx and others spoke against Drummond's nomination, saying that the last six appointees have been white males.
Drummond will now negotiate a contract with the county for the interim manager position.
- Alachua County Resumes Search for New County Manager
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager
- Alachua County Manager Speaks About Energy Costs
- Alachua County Activates 311 Emergency Management Line
- Alachua County Commissioners Reach Out to Third Manager Candidate
- Alachua County Informal Meetings Change & Manager's Salary Confirmation
- Alachua County Manager Randall Reid Officially Resigns
- Lee Niblock to Take Over as Alachua County Manager
- Levy County Food Pantry Chosen for $20,000 From Walmart
- Alachua City Manager Stepping Down Early