Alachua County Interim Manager Chosen
Alachua County officially has a new administrator... at least until next November's elections.
Assistant County Manager Rick Drummond was confirmed 4 to 1 today, with Commissioner Rodney Long in dissent.
Drummond will act as county manager when Randall Reid moves on to another job in January. The final decision was between Drummond and Assistant Manager Betty Baker, with the agreement that the person chosen will not apply for the permanent position.
Local NAACP President Evelyn Foxx and others spoke against Drummond's nomination, saying that the last six appointees have been white males.
Drummond will now negotiate a contract with the county for the interim manager position.
- Alachua County Manager Speaks About Energy Costs
- Alachua County Manager Randall Reid Officially Resigns
- Alachua County Informal Meetings Change & Manager's Salary Confirmation
- Levy County Food Pantry Chosen for $20,000 From Walmart
- Alachua City Manager Stepping Down Early
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Alachua County Firefighters Protest Tentative County Budget
- Alachua County Resident Get's A Big Gift from the County