Alachua County Interim Manager Chosen
Alachua County officially has a new administrator... at least until next November's elections.
Assistant County Manager Rick Drummond was confirmed 4 to 1 today, with Commissioner Rodney Long in dissent.
Drummond will act as county manager when Randall Reid moves on to another job in January. The final decision was between Drummond and Assistant Manager Betty Baker, with the agreement that the person chosen will not apply for the permanent position.
Local NAACP President Evelyn Foxx and others spoke against Drummond's nomination, saying that the last six appointees have been white males.
Drummond will now negotiate a contract with the county for the interim manager position.
- Archer interim city manager begins role
- Glanzer named Archer interim city manager
- Archer's newest interim city manager
- Alachua County Commissioners Reach Out to Third Manager Candidate
- Rick Drummond Prepares Leave County Manager Seat as Betty Baker Steps in
- Lee Niblock to Take Over as Alachua County Manager
- Levy County Food Pantry Chosen for $20,000 From Walmart
- Management of Dignity Village
- Alachua County Resumes Search for New County Manager
- County Commission Picks In House Candidate for County Manager Job