Armed Robbery, Kidnapping in Walmart Parking Lot
Gainesville business man was on his way to the bank with several thousand dollars from his multiple businesses in town.
"It's very unusual to happen in a crowded area in daylight," said Randy Roberts, GPD Detective.
Just after 11:00 A.M., he pulled into the Walmart parking lot on Archer Road to use his cell phone.
"Two people approached him, two males; he rolled down his window when they waved to him," said Roberts.
The men jumped in the victim's car and pulled out guns.
"Forced him to drive around to the back of Walmart where a third suspect followed them in another vehicle," said Roberts.
The victim was forced to drive about three miles, to a remote location on Southwest 57th Avenue.
The victim was robbed and left in his car on the dirt road. The suspects, three black males in their 20s, remain at large.
They were driving an older model, blue/green Chevy four-door Sedan, according to police.
- Man Shot and Killed In Walmart Parking Lot
- Woman found dead in her car in Walmart parking lot
- Highway Robbery, 3 Tampa Area Men Arrested in Alachua County
- Robbery, Rape Suspect In Custody
- Gainesville Police Search For Man Who Exposed Himself In Parking Lot
- Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot
- Summer Weather Raises Awareness on Parking Lot Safety
- Parking Lot Problems at Santa Fe
- Parking Lot Safety
- Homeless Woman Murdered...Her Body Found in Gainesville Parking Lot