Is a Big Change Coming as Rodney Long Retires?
It's official...a long time Alachua County politician will leave office Thursday.
The former Gainesville City Commissioner and Mayor announced his retirement back in June. December 15th will be current Alachua County Commissioner Rodney Long's last day.
Now Governor Rick Scott can choose a replacement to fill the seat until the November 2012 elections...a choice that could change the dynamic of county politics.
No word on who will throw their names into the hat to be considered for the appointment, or on when the governor would make his decision.
- Rodney Long Announces Retirement
- Rodney Long Says So Long
- Big Changes Coming for The Wiggles
- Thirteenth Street Walmart Moves Small Businesses Hope Big Chain Comes
- Big Changes at Alachua County Jail
- Life in Prison for Rodney Chaney
- Still A Long Recovery For One Gainesville Man
- Long time Gainesville Restaurant May Close
- Shoppers Endure Long Lines, Chilly Weather to Find Best Deals on Black Friday
- Gainesville Begins Identifying Priorities in Long-term Parks and Rec Plan