Chop Shop Busted
An auto shop is busted after detectives say it was operating as a chop shop.
Marion County Sheriff's Deputies raided Ryde Tyme Auto Sales in Oklawaha and found a stolen F-250 truck, boat parts and trailers.
They also confiscated a room full of stolen tools and engine parts from Levy, Lake, and Marion Counties.
The raid was prompted after customers weren't getting the titles to their newly purchased vehicles. The owner, 54-year-old William Randall Nichols was put in handcuffs after the raid. Detectives then found a bag full of methamphetamine in his pocket.
Detectives are still investigating who stole the parts to begin with. Nichols bonded out of the Marion County Jail. He faces multiple charges including grand theft auto and drug charges among others.
- Columbia County EMS On Chopping Block
- Local Mental Health Facility on the Chopping Block? Maybe Not...
- Shop With A Cop: 17 Kids Taken On Shopping Spree
- More Expensive Christmas Shopping in the Future?
- Feds Raid Local Tobacco Shops
- THRIFT SHOPS
- Last Minute Shopping
- Study Finds Parents Spending Less On Back-To-School Shopping
- No Sex Shops in Levy County?
- Identity Thieves Used Money to Buy Cars, Shop