Gilchrist County Backpack Program
It's a gift that could not have come at a better time.That's what local food bank officials are saying about a 20 thousand dollar grant that will allow them to feed hungry children throughout the school year. Staff at Gilchrist County's senior citizen food pantry just found out that they received a grant which will help them start a kid's backpack program.
Food bank director, Rick Weder said the program will allow hungry children,many whose only meal is at school, be able to take home food each weekend. It's a grant they've been trying to get for six years. The new back pack program will officially start this coming school year.
In the meantime you can help by donating backpacks, preferably ones with rollers. Donations will be accepted at the senior citizens food bank in Trenton. For more info contact Rick Weder at 352-463-2710.
- New Gilchrist County Backpack Program Feeds Kids
- Gilchrist County Receives Grant to Start Kids Back Pack Program
- Food4Kids Backpack Program Ramps Up
- Backpack Program Ensures Kids Won't Go Home Hungry for the Holidays
- Meet the Field to Become the Next Gilchrist County Sheriff
- Gilchrist County Man Found Dead
- Gilchrist County Budget Shortfall
- Outsourcing Gilchrist County Business
- Gilchrist Commissioner seeks shelter in Dixie County
- Illegal Gambling In Gilchrist County