Helicopter Mission Sets out to Save a Life, Loses Three
Two doctors and a pilot are dead after a helicopter mission to save a life went drastically wrong. Dr. Luis Bonilla and David Hines of Mayo Clinic were on a mission to retrieve a heart for transplant from Gainesville's Shands Hospital. They were then supposed to bring it back to a patient in Jacksonville, but they never made it. The helicopter crashed northeast of Palatka, and Clay County Sheriff's Deputies arrived to find wreckage and smoke buried in the backwoods.
Officials say the heart being transported back to Jacksonville is unusable now.
Federal Aviation Administration officials are now taking over the investigation, and trying to figure out exactly why the helicopter crashed. Weather reports for the area reveal overcast skies, but no rain or other difficult weather.
- A Women Fears For Her Life After The Man Who Allegedly Set Her Property On Fire Is Out Of Jail.
- "Pals for Life" Saved a Life
- ASO Deputies Save Life
- Heroic Rescue Saves A Life
- Postal Worker Saves Dog's Life
- Dog Saves Woman's Life
- Fight Instincts, Save Your Life
- Quick Response Saves Life- Earns Honor
- The Free Screening That Could Save Your Life
- Deputy Saves Life Of Shriner, Paying It Forward