It's almost "Happy Hour" in Gainesville
It's almost officially "happy hour" in Gainesville, as efforts to change the Sunday alcohol ordinances move forward to the final step.
That means people will be able to buy booze the same on Sunday that they can on Monday. Downtown business owners say there's been virtually no resistance to abolishing so called "blue laws."
Gainesville City Commissioners are expected to take a final vote on the Blue Laws in two weeks. Alachua County has expressed interest in making the change if and when the City does.
- Man Named "Happy Jack" Attacks Homeowners with Rake
- No "Happy Days" for Cunningham
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- "Stuff the Bus" Making It's Way Across Marion County
- Happy Homecoming for Gainesville Soldier
- Roberts' Stadium Club, Almost There
- Crist Vetos 'Landmark' Energy Bill, Says It's Not Enough
- 'Hour of Code' Introduces Students to Technology
- "We've Become Notorious... He's Hijacked the Image of our City," Gainesville Resident Speaks Out
- Happy Mother's Day!