Lessening The Chance Of Becoming A Victim
For the past several months North Central Florida has dealt with new reports of rape in our typically safe communities.
Two cases of sexual assault in the past two weeks near the University of Florida's campus has some female students worried about their safety.
The University of Florida's police department continues to look for the man responsible for the two cases of sexual assault near campus.
As that investigation continues, law enforcement wants to remind everyone of the steps they can take to reduce their risk of becoming a victim.
One of the easiest ways to improve safety is to avoid walking alone and limit distractions like using a cellphone or listening to an mp3 player.
For information about Alachua County's Rape Prevention class visit RADD, and for information about the Gainesville Police Department's self defense class click GPD.
- A Good Neighbor Becomes a Victim
- Woman Becomes Victim of Money Scam
- New Bill Proposed to Lessen
- Underage Drinking Problems Lessen Profits for Gainesville Businesses
- Keystone Heights Airport Offers a Chance to Fly Restored WWII Aircraft
- Last Chance for SEC Title Game Tickets
- Pets And Prisoners Get Second Chance
- Playing Cards give Inmates a chance to solve Cold Cases
- Abused Animals Set Second Chance At Auction
- Second Chance for GRU Solar FIT Applicants