Man is Murdered in Summerfield
A man in Summerfield is dead after being shot in the head three times. Stevin Roopnaire, 23, was arrested Monday and is now charged with one count of capital murder and one count of robbery with a firearm.
TV 20 News was the first to report on the incident after investigators ruled it a homicide Monday afternoon.
The victim's body was discovered on the side of a road near SE 51st Avenue in Summerfield.
According to reports, Roopnaire and Ashley Levelle, referred to in reports as a witness, picked up the victim, Lavaar Watson in Levelle's car. She later told police she witnessed Roopnaire shoot Watson and rob him. She stated to officials that after the incident they cleaned her car to get rid of the blood stains.
Detectives are working out the details. Roopnaire was booked into the Marion County Jail. More details to come.
- New Details in Summerfield Murder
- Man Dies in Summerfield Blaze
- 79 dogs to be put down in Summerfield for Parvo Virus
- New Details in Summerfield Arson Case
- Summerfield Shooting Kills One Injures Another
- Summerfield Business Owner Charged with Child Pornography
- Deadly Mobile Home Fire in Summerfield
- A Man is Murdered in His Home
- Gainesville Man Guilty of Second Degree Murder
- Man Indicted in Holly Heights Murder