NCF Soldier Dies In Afghanistan
A soldier from Cedar Key is the latest casualty from North Central Florida in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced today that Specialist Ryan M. Lumley was killed Saturday, December 3rd when his unit was attacked with an improvised explosive device. Two other soldiers died in the attack.
A classmate tells TV 20 that although Lumley listed Lakeland as his current residence, he ran track and graduated from Cedar Key High School in 2008.
He was married and had been in the Army since March, 2009, serving with the 3rd Brigade Combat Team out of Fort Bliss, TX.
- Soldier from Melrose dies in Combat in Afghanistan
- Soldier Leaves for Afghanistan after Home Burns Down
- Soldier from Citra is Killed in Afghanistan
- 2 Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan IED Attack
- Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Buried in Panhandle
- Soldier's Attorney Plans Trip To Afghanistan
- Free Events Draw Tourists To NCF
- Fires Cause Dense Smoke in NCF
- Loud "Booms" Reported Over NCF
- Gainesville Marine Killed in Action in Afghanistan