Saint Francis House Gives Christmas Party, Caters to Families
Saint Francis House made the holiday a little brighter for families on the streets in Gainesville on Christmas Day. The shelter provided food, toys and a family atsmosphere for anyone in need of a meal with company. Volunteers prepared a traditional turkey dinner, restaurant style, and served the guests. Then children could head over to the toy room and pick three donated toys to fill their stocking.
"Not many people are fortunate every year to afford the things that parents can buy their children," says Tameeka Reeves, a mother attending the dinner, "so I am very, very fortunate to have Saint Francis here."
Shelter staff served about 300 from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm.
- Saint Francis House Gets Its Permits Renewed
- Lunch Is Served: Saint Francis House Under a New Meal Rule
- St. Francis Meal Dilemma for Christmas
- St Francis Provides Christmas Dinner for Over 300 People
- Arbor House reopens under direction of St. Francis House
- St. Francis House Breaking the Law for Humanity
- St. Francis House turns people away
- Downtown March Calls For More Meals at St. Francis House
- St. Francis House Receives Donation from Citgo
- St. Francis House Unable To Feed More than 130 People