Woman Escapes Police Car
She was on her way to jail for shoplifting, but it's what she did on the ride over that led to more charges. 21-year-old Le'Tevia English was arrested at the Super Walmart on Waldo Road in Gainesville for shoplifting.
She told the officer she felt sick, so he loosened her handcuffs and cracked the window. When they arrived at the jail, she slipped out of her cuffs, reached her hand outside of the car and opened the door, running down 39th Avenue.
The officer caught up to English and when she resisted he says he tased her. English now faces shoplifting charges in both Gainesville and Palatka and an escape charge.
- Woman Receives DUI Charge After Hitting An Unmarked Police Car
- Family Escapes Car Fire
- Man Fights Police and Escapes
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Woman Rescued from Car in Lake
- Woman Dragged By Car While Being Robbed
- Woman Dies After Being Hit By A Car On Archer Road
- Woman Airlifted To Shands, After Being Struck By Car
- Ocala Woman Gives Birth in Car
- Marion County Woman Arrested for DUI with Three Kids in Car