Abuse At The Hands Of A Former Caregiver
Investigators say it was a home caregiver and her cousin behind the brutal beating that left an elderly and disabled man clinging to life.
Maranda Martin's job was to take care of people like Paul Quandt, instead police say she worked with her cousin to harm him.
78 year old Quandt was the victim of a home robbery Monday night that has left him fighting for his life.
Two people have been arrested, 22 year old Austin Jones and Quandt's former care-giver 22 year old Martin.
Until three weeks ago Martin worked at Comfort Keepers, a non medical in home care service that requires finger printing, drug tests and a background check that goes beyond state requirements.
Martin and Jones are in the Alachua County Jail on charges of home invasion robbery, false imprisonment and attempted murder.
Both are under suicide watch.
Quandt is still listed in very critical condition.
- Free Cruise to a lucky Marion County Caregiver
- Jay's Hands
- State universities install hand sanitizing stations
- Hand Delievered Envelope Sparked Emotions
- Deputies Lend a Helping Hand
- Gas Thieves caught Red-handed
- Gator Aider Back In City Hands
- Bionic Hand Restores Normalcy for a Local Woman
- Police Equipment in the Wrong Hands
- Lending the Blind a Helping Hand