Abuse At The Hands Of A Former Caregiver
Investigators say it was a home caregiver and her cousin behind the brutal beating that left an elderly and disabled man clinging to life.
Maranda Martin's job was to take care of people like Paul Quandt, instead police say she worked with her cousin to harm him.
78 year old Quandt was the victim of a home robbery Monday night that has left him fighting for his life.
Two people have been arrested, 22 year old Austin Jones and Quandt's former care-giver 22 year old Martin.
Until three weeks ago Martin worked at Comfort Keepers, a non medical in home care service that requires finger printing, drug tests and a background check that goes beyond state requirements.
Martin and Jones are in the Alachua County Jail on charges of home invasion robbery, false imprisonment and attempted murder.
Both are under suicide watch.
Quandt is still listed in very critical condition.
- Free Cruise to a lucky Marion County Caregiver
- Local Woman Honored for Caregiving
- Wisconsin Hands Florida Basketball 1st Loss of 2013-'14 Season
- Nations Park in Newberry Could Be Changing Hands
- Some Sex Offenders Hand Out Candy on Halloween-- And It's Legal
- Family Mourns Loss of Daughter at Hands of Father
- Fate of Silver River in State's Hands
- Salvation Army Lends Hand To Debby Victims
- Women Taking Matters Into Their Own Hands
- ARC Center Gets a Helping Hand