Alachua County Informal Meetings Change & Manager's Salary Confirmation
In further reaction to citizen complaint about informal meetings, Alachua County leaders voted to change the procedure for them.
Instead of informal, they will be called special general policy discussion meetings. An agenda will be added, which was one of the main complaints made to the State Attorney's Office last summer.
The State's Attorneys Office investigated the complaint and recently reported that no Sunshine Law violations were found.
Although that agenda will have a section that includes unspecified commissioner discussion. The changes won't be final until they are voted on at the next board meeting.
County leaders also approved a contract with Assistant Alachua County Manager Rick Drummond to be the interim manager. When current Manager Randall Reid leaves on January 20th, Drummond will take the helm, making $160,000 dollars a year.
The county will search for a new manager after the November 2012 elections.
- State Attorney Says Plenty of "Sunshine" at Informal Alachua County Meetings
- Last Alachua County "Informal" Meeting
- County Commision's Informal Meetings Under Review
- Emotional Goodbye, Alachua County Commission Chair's Last Meeting
- Alachua County Jail Confirms First Swine Flu Case
- Alachua County Commission Makes Final Choice for County Manager
- Alachua County Resumes Search for New County Manager
- Alachua County Manager Speaks About Energy Costs
- Alachua County Manager Randall Reid Officially Resigns
- Alachua County Interim Manager Chosen