Body Found Behind Truck Stop
It's an area flooded with panhandlers. A California murder suspect was picked up there earlier this month- the truck stop off 1-75 and Highway 326, is the final resting place for one man.
How he got there, and who he is remain a mystery.
The body was found behind the Ocala truck stop shortly after 1:00 P.M Tuesday by a man collecting cans.
"We believe at this time, this was an isolated incident, and once we get the autopsy report back, we'll have a better idea of how this individual died," said Judge Cochran, Marion County Sheriff's Office spokesperson.
The white, middle-aged man was clothed, but had no wallet or identification; his body was about 10 yards from the road, according to detectives.
"The body was partially decomposed, we do know that it was a white male, we can tell that much at this time," he said.
TV20 spoke to the woman who lives in the house behind the cul-de-sac, and she says on Sunday morning she saw a suspicious blue van parked in the cul-de-sac for four to five hours.
Detectives wouldn't comment on the van, or what another witness had to say when he pulled up to the scene and was interviewed by detectives.
"There hasn't been any issues back here, we understand, the truck stop is fairly new, so this area has been undeveloped for a while," he said.
By what they can see so far, detectives say the body doesn't seem to match the description of any local missing persons.
Detectives have ruled out the man who found the body as a suspect.
- Hot Tubs Stolen at Truck Stop Follow Up
- Random Stabbing at Marion County Truck Stop
- Truck Stop Incident Leads To Arrest
- Hot Tubs Stolen at Truck Stop
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- Body of Missing Diver Found in Atlantic Ocean
- 2 Bodies Found Inside Burned-out Car
- John F. Waldo's body is found