Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
County Dishes out for Jobs
With a double- digit unemployment rate, Marion County is struggling to create jobs. But county commissioners are set on bringing in new business.
During Tuesday night's County Commission meeting, commissioners agreed to dishing out about $750,000 in tax incentives to a manufacturing company named CitraPac to set up shop at the current Associated Grocers location near the Baseline Landfill. The company could bring in as many as 425 jobs in the next five years to help produce a frozen citrus concoction.
But the deal isn't done. The company is also being courted by leaders in California. Marion County leaders hope to get an answer in the next 60 days.
- Wide Spread of Dish-Honesty in North Central Florida
- Man Robs Store While Filling Out Job Application
- Trying to Find A Job Before Benefits Run Out...
- County Commission Picks In House Candidate for County Manager Job
- Levy County Teachers May Be Losing Jobs
- New Jobs in Marion County
- County Approves Job Contract
- Alachua County Department of Public Safety Facing Cuts, Job Losses
- Habitat For Humanity Cutting Jobs In Marion County
- Gilchrist County Votes to Fire Administrator After 'Unsatisfactory' Job Performance