Deadly Walking & Jogging
Talking on the phone or wearing headphones while walking, jogging, or running can be deadly- yet everybody does it.
A recent study found headphones were the cause of 116 reported pedestrian deaths and injuries in a seven year period.
However texting and walking may be even more dangerous than running with headphones.
According to an Ohio State University study, 1,000 pedestrians visited an emergency room in a recent year because they were distracted and fell, tripped, or ran into something while using a cell phone or texting.
- Great Danes & Dead Man's Ashes Snorted by Suspects
- Shooting At Ocala Liquor Store Leaves One Dead & One Arrested
- Gators Take a Nature Walk & Prepare for "Chippy" Players
- City Commissioner Walks Through Archer Braid Trail
- Heart Disease Survivor Will Share Story at Heart Walk
- Walk Your Kids To School
- Kindergartener Walks Away From School
- Ocala's Downtown City Walk Project
- Accused Murderer Could Walk
- Walk America 2007