Deadly Walking & Jogging
Talking on the phone or wearing headphones while walking, jogging, or running can be deadly- yet everybody does it.
A recent study found headphones were the cause of 116 reported pedestrian deaths and injuries in a seven year period.
However texting and walking may be even more dangerous than running with headphones.
According to an Ohio State University study, 1,000 pedestrians visited an emergency room in a recent year because they were distracted and fell, tripped, or ran into something while using a cell phone or texting.
- Great Danes & Dead Man's Ashes Snorted by Suspects
- Gators Take a Nature Walk & Prepare for "Chippy" Players
- City Commissioner Walks Through Archer Braid Trail
- Heart Disease Survivor Will Share Story at Heart Walk
- How Safe Is the Walk To School?
- Man Walks in on Burglar
- "Lauren's Walk" Through Ocala
- Rainy Weather Doesn't Stop Annual VA Charity Walk
- A Walk to Remember for Newberry High School Grad
- Walk the Beat With the Chief , Tony Jones Addresses Neighborhood Concerns