Florida Innovation Hub Dedication
It's been incubating, and now they're ready to start the hatching.
The Florida Innovation Hub -- built to be a sanctuary for entrepreneurs and innovators, had its dedication Wednesday afternoon.
Mayor Craig Lowe, University of Florida president Bernie Machen, and U.S. Senator Bill Nelson joined more than 200 others to celebrate the ribbon cutting of the 48-thousand square foot facility.
Speakers talked about how the hub would foster growth of the technology sector, help bind UF to the community, and create jobs.
The Hub opened in October and is already home to 15 startups.
The Florida Innovation Hub is the first building at Innovation Square, a research and technological complex located between UF's campus and Downtown Gainesville.
- Breaking Ground for Innovation Hub
- First Day for Innovation Hub at UF
- Innovation Hub
- Technology Spotlight 9/27/11 "Innovation Hub"
- Horizon Students Have Bright Futures With Help From Dedicated Teacher
- Highway Dedicated To Fallen Soldier
- Pavillion Dedication Memorializes Former Fire Chief Hope Powell
- Road Dedication In Ocala
- 4th of July Dedication Ceremony
- Highway Dedication