Gambling Den Busted
Eight people were arrested for selling drugs, guns and prostitutes in a home that's just blocks away from an elementary school.
For fifteen years law enforcement have tried to bust up a known gambling operation in Williston.
Levy County's Sheriff's Deputies say they knew that the house served as a place to buy drugs, guns and prostitutes in addition to the illegal gambling, but until they were able to send undercover drug task force officers in last December they could not get a warrant to make the arrests.
The result of Friday's "Operation Eye Jack:" accused ringleader Darryl James along with 7 other people are in Levy County Jail on multiple drug and gambling charges.
Several other neighbors told TV20 off camera they knew about the gambling house for years but were too afraid to speak out about it to law enforcement.
As many as 40-50 people a night were known to stop by the home.
- Illegal Gambling In Gilchrist County
- House Passes Gambling Agreement With Seminoles
- Crist Signs Bill that Could Lead to Gambling
- Illegal Online Gambling stopped in "Operation Game Over"
- Agents Raid Business for Operating Gambling House
- Gambling operation raid
- Broward arrests 8 for racketeering in gambling ring
- Traffic Stop Drug Bust
- Birds Euthanized After Rooster Fight Busted
- Marijuana Bust in Citra Connected to National Fraudster