Last Alachua County "Informal" Meeting
The name may be changing, but don't expect the content to. Alachua County Commissioners discussed a variety of topics at what is presumably their last "informal" meeting Tuesday morning.
The every other Tuesday discussions will officially be called "special meetings" if a vote passes next week. The change, which adds a more detailed agenda, is in response to both a State Attorney Investigation into the meetings, which were found to be completely in line with sunshine law-- and complaints from some residents.
Chair Paula DeLaney says adding a more complete agenda will help people know when to expect important issues to be discussed, but won't preclude commissioners ability to bring up anything they want.
- State Attorney Says Plenty of "Sunshine" at Informal Alachua County Meetings
- Alachua County Informal Meetings Change & Manager's Salary Confirmation
- Emotional Goodbye, Alachua County Commission Chair's Last Meeting
- County Commision's Informal Meetings Under Review
- Alachua County Schools Hold Annual Meet and Greet for Parents and Students
- Alachua County Legislative Delegation Annual Meeting
- Verbal Smackdown Inside Alachua County Commission Meeting
- Meet The New Alachua County Commissioner...
- Controversy at Alachua County School Board Meeting
- Showdown at Alachua County Budget Meeting