Levy County Food Pantry Chosen for $20,000 From Walmart
The Children's Table food pantry was one of 10 finalists chosen out of 5,400 nominees to receive Walmart's $20,000 grant from their 12 Days of Giving campaign. Verna and Bill Williams started the Children's Table project by giving out crops to the needy...crops they had grown in their backyard. It's expanded considerably and they're now importing food to distribute to 11 counties in North Central Florida.
“We get more good out of it than the people we help," says Bill Williams. "We know that. Or we feel that that’s the way it is. I have always felt that you’re not going to reach out and touch the hand of God if you haven’t reached out and touched your fellow man.”
Verna Williams says they'll use Walmart's grant money to buy a new truck for deliveries in addition to a walk-in cooler for that truck.
- Dog Rescue Group Receives $20,000 Grant from Humane Society
- Ocala Food Food Pantry Struggling to Serve Community
- FFA Helping Food Pantry in Cedar Key
- Interfaith Food Pantry
- One Newberry Food Pantry May Close...Another May Open...But Will People Go Hungry?
- Hope for Blessed Hope Food Pantry in Newberry?
- Local Food Pantry Asks For Community Support To Win Holiday Makeover
- Food Pantry Holiday Makeover
- Burglars Breaking Into Food Pantries...Twice!
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget