Neighbor Saves Elderly Man from Apartment Fire
If not for his neighbor, a Southeast Gainesville man may have lost his life. It happened around 7:30 Tuesday night at apartments on Southeast 8th Street.
Gainesville Fire Rescue arrived to find smoke and fire extinguisher residue in an elderly man's apartment, whose identity has not been released.
The man's next door neighbor heard someone yell fire and rushed over with her fire extinguisher to put out the flames that had already burned the couch and carpet in the home.
Gainesville police arrested the 64 year old and he is being evaluated. Fire investigators have ruled the incident suspicious and say that if not for the bravery of Toccara Carter, the fire could have easily spread to the other apartments in the building.
For more information on fire extinguishers and fire safety tips visit Your text to link...
- Man Attacks Neighbor with Machete, Barricades Himself Inside his Apartment
- Elderly Man Badly Burned in Fire
- Man Saved in House Fire
- Unknown Hero Rescues Elderly Man From Burning Home
- 12-Year-Old Boy Saves 4 Younger Siblings from House Fire
- Elderly Couple Killed in Putnam Hall Fire
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Man Beats Up Two Elderly People After they Refuse to Buy Hair Clippers
- Ocala Man Accused of Beating Elderly Father With Pipe, Sledgehammer
- Man Accused of Overcharging Elderly Woman