Neighbor Saves Elderly Man from Apartment Fire
If not for his neighbor, a Southeast Gainesville man may have lost his life. It happened around 7:30 Tuesday night at apartments on Southeast 8th Street.
Gainesville Fire Rescue arrived to find smoke and fire extinguisher residue in an elderly man's apartment, whose identity has not been released.
The man's next door neighbor heard someone yell fire and rushed over with her fire extinguisher to put out the flames that had already burned the couch and carpet in the home.
Gainesville police arrested the 64 year old and he is being evaluated. Fire investigators have ruled the incident suspicious and say that if not for the bravery of Toccara Carter, the fire could have easily spread to the other apartments in the building.
For more information on fire extinguishers and fire safety tips visit Your text to link...
- Elderly Man Badly Burned in Fire
- Man Saved in House Fire
- 12-Year-Old Boy Saves 4 Younger Siblings from House Fire
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Elderly Couple Killed in Putnam Hall Fire
- Mother and Sons Killed in House Fire; Neighbors Trying to Cope
- Neighbor Causes 20-Acre Grass Fire
- 8-Year-Old Boy Set on Fire While Playing in Neighbors' Yard
- Neighbors Feed Up with Bad Odor from Composting Facility
- Elderly Man Assaulted