New Gilchrist County Backpack Program Feeds Kids
Most children have backpacks filled with supplies for school...some others also need backpacks filled with food for home. Thanks to a $20,000 dollar grant from the JR Albert Foundation (located in Illinois), needy school children in Gilchrist County will have both.
Community leaders gathered at Trenton Elementary School Thursday to drop off the first load of backpacks filled with food for kids.
The Senior Citizens Food Pantry, Bread of the Mighty, Trenton Volunteer Firefighters, School officials and other community organizations have all pitched in to find the food and backpacks necessary to feed 90 school children each week (30 from three different schools).
If you would like to get involved contact Rick Weder at 352-463-2710.
- Food4Kids Backpack Program Ramps Up
- Gilchrist County Backpack Program
- Backpack Program Ensures Kids Won't Go Home Hungry for the Holidays
- Kids Feeding Kids fights hunger
- Gilchrist County Receives Grant to Start Kids Back Pack Program
- Superintendent of Gilchrist County Schools Speaks Out About the Kids Murdered in Bell
- Teens Brings Backpacks to Kids
- Weekend Hunger Backpack Program Seeking Holiday Donations
- Alachua Co. Kicks Off New State Ed Program
- Free Backpacks For Back to School