North Central Florida Schools Rank High On FCAT
North Central Florida students are earning high marks, according to a new ranking system that was released by Florida's Department of Education earlier today.
The list was compiled for the first time in the state's history at the request of Governor Rick Scott.
Gilchrist, Dixie, Union and Alachua counties all ranked in the top 25 of 67 school districts.
The list is not a reflection on how the districts will be funded or necessarily how well teachers are educating students.
District grades came out June of last year, all four school districts that scored in the top 25 for FCAT scores earned A's by the state's standards
Levy County ranked 41st and Marion County ranked 44th on the list.
- Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
- North Central Florida High Schoolers Remembered
- Certain Counties in North Central Florida Have High STD Count
- High Pollen Count in North Central Florida Likely Due to Tree "Masting"
- First Day of School in North Central Florida
- School Zones Reopen in North Central Florida
- A New Charter School For North Central Florida
- High School Sports Around North Central Florida: Friday Edition
- High School Sports around North Central Florida: Tuesday January 8 Edition
- Six Neighboring High Schools Rank in Newsweek's Top 1500 Public High School List