Ochwilla Elementary Closed Due To Smoke
For the past 8 weeks the 750 acre Olive Fire has burned in the Levy Prairie just outside of Hawthorne.
Until a subtropical system like a hurricane moves through, the smoke associated with the fire will linger.
Ochwilla Elementary School has had to close down twice because of the smoke, including earlier today.
Tomorrow they plan to push the school day back to deal with the problem.
School officials hope the delayed start time will allow the smoke and fog to burn off.
The Florida Highway Patrol posts updates about road closures daily on their website: Traffic Incidents.
Putnam County's School District plans to post updates about school closures on their site as well: Putnam County School District.
- Health Advisories due to the Smoke
- Szechuan Panda Closed Due To Health Code Violations
- North Florida Parks Close Due to Flood Watch
- CLOSED Due To Holiday
- Jobs Cut Due to Lack of Residential Building
- Students Changing Majors Due to Job Security
- Fire Assessment Credit Applications Due
- Dangerous Driving Conditions Due to Fire
- Taxes Due in 4 Days
- USDA Declares Largest Natural Disaster Area Due to Drought