Silencing Prayer Before City Meetings
It's a time honored tradition at government meetings from congress to city hall... opening public meetings with a prayer.
However, a federal court ruling has sharpened the definition of what can be prayed, and what can't.
In High Springs, some people want to make sure that's enforced to the letter of the law.
- Hatchet Creek Development Comes Before Gainesville City Commission
- Website Stirring Controversy Before City Elections
- Governor Scott Calls for "Day of Prayer for Unity" on Sunday
- Prayer Vigil for Trayvon Martin
- Suwannee County Residents Call on Power of Prayer for Jane Doe
- 4 to 1 Vote in Favor of Prayer
- Family of missing woman hold prayer vigil
- Police prayers
- MAYOR BRADDY PROPOSING CITY MEETINGS TIME LIMIT
- City Commission to Add Fuel Adjustment Item to Next Meeting's Agenda