Silencing Prayer Before City Meetings
It's a time honored tradition at government meetings from congress to city hall... opening public meetings with a prayer.
However, a federal court ruling has sharpened the definition of what can be prayed, and what can't.
In High Springs, some people want to make sure that's enforced to the letter of the law.
- Website Stirring Controversy Before City Elections
- Hatchet Creek Development Comes Before Gainesville City Commission
- City Commission Meeting
- City, County Commissioners Ready to Move Forward after Joint Meeting
- City and County Meet to Discuss Future of Koppers Superfund Site
- Ocala's New Fire Chief Meets City Council
- GRU Customers Look for Answers and Relief at City Commission Meeting
- City Commission Votes to Approve Biomass Settlement, Will Hold Public Meeting in January
- Business Reaction to City Leader Meeting
- City Commission to Add Fuel Adjustment Item to Next Meeting's Agenda