Small Plane Crashes in Marion County
A plane crash in Marion County leaves the newly-named CEO of Ocala Health System, Allen Golson dead and two others in the hospital. The crash happened around 12:30 p.m. Friday just south of the Ocala International Airport.
A 1978 Cesna 340 crashed in the middle of a field and was on fire.
Witnessed rushed to help and where able to rescue Carol Golson from the wreckage. She suffered only minor injuries but her husband, Allen Golson did not get out alive.
"The pilot, he was in the cockpit, and we tried to get to him and, but there was too much smoke," Darin Belle told TV20. "they pulled the lady out then me and a couple of the guys tried to get the pilot but with no avail."
The plane was heading to Ocala International Airport from Middle Georgia Regional Airport in Macon, the place where the couple had lived. They took off Friday morning at 11:17. One other person who was trying to rescue the couple had to be taken to the hospital because of smoke inhalation.
Golson was scheduled to begin working as Ocala health system's CEO next month.
- Small Plane Crash in Levy County Still Under Investigation
- Deadly Plane Crash in Marion County
- Pilot OK After Small Plane Crashes
- Passenger of Small Plane in Palatka Crash Dies
- Small Plane Crash in Palatka
- Two Aboard Small Banner Plane Injured During Crash At UF
- Two Men Injured in Small Plane Crash
- UPDATE: Pilot Seriously Injured In Small Plane Crash
- Small plane makes crash landing in Palatka
- Small plane crashes in Gainesville